Saturday, April 28, 2007

Random Ramblings

Well, it only took me about an hour of picking, pulling, detangling then winding to clean up my yarn barf to end up with a nice ball of yarn. I cast on my second sock Thursday night and got about a third of the cuff done yesterday. This one seems to be going a lot faster. Then again, the second sock always seems to go faster. I think that's why I like making one at a time because I can work out all the kinks on the first one then soar through the second one.

Speaking of socks, in my surfing yesterday, I found a simple pattern for toe up socks. I was so excited, I almost frogged the sock I had just finished and started over. I managed to quell my excitement long enough to find a good deal on some Regia Crazy on Ebay. It's a gorgeous colorway, I can't wait for it to come so I can try out this toe up pattern. It'll probably come on the same day that my Knitpicks order comes and then I'll hard time deciding what to work on first.

Travis and I met with his advisor after school yesterday and registered him for 10th grade. They have a crazy schedule for next year. Currently they are on block scheduling where they have eight classes total which are divided in half. One day they go to half of the classes for 2 hours each and the next they go to the others. Next year, they will only have 7 classes but will continue to have this block scheduling on Mondays and Fridays and have all 7 classes on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday for 1 hour each. Everybody is going to be SO confused.

I cleaned the kitchen yesterday and accumulated several packages of bread--buns, loaf bread, English muffins, etc.--that were old and told Hayden that when Daddy got home from work, we could go feed the goats. He proceeded to carry the bread all around the house until Patrick got home. We went over to feed the goats and I handed him half of a hamburger bun to give to the goats. I turned around and he was standing there eating it! It wasn't molded or anything, just stale. I kept encouraging to handed to a goat but he wouldn't. Then Phoebe stuck her head through the fence and took it from him. He was so mad!

He continued to enjoy playing in his little play area again yesterday. He was up before I left for work this morning and Patrick said he begging to go out by 7:30. I think we've created a little monster!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL Yarn Barf. I like that term! I have some sitting and waiting on me to either a) take the time to detangle, or b) give up on it finally and replace it someday. Most days I lean toward B and then I tell myself ABSOLUTELY YOU WONT WASTE THAT YARN! haha