Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ruffled Surplice

Pattern: Ruffled Surplice
Source: Interweave Knits Spring 2007
Designer: Mari Lynn Patrick
Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Worsted in Batchelor Button Colorway
Needles: Addi Turbo US#10.5
Cast on: 5/1/07
Completed: 5/16/07

I found this pattern a really easy, quick knit. Most everything I've been knitting lately has been on small needles so the bigger ones were a welcome break. The pattern was simple to follow except for the shaping on the back. I much prefer patterns that tell you which increase/decrease to use. It took some playing around with to find the most invisible ones to use. On the front panels, the specific shaping is specified. I wish I would have done the fronts first. It would have made the back easier.




These really aren't the best photos but we were trying to take them before American Idol came on. We got the photos made but I couldn't get them posted because Hayden decided to help me type. Trust me, you wouldn't have been able to read this. It looked like some unknown language!


Speaking of American Idol, Travis and I were both in a state of shock when Melinda got voted off. I guess everybody got complacent, figured she was shoo in and didn't bother to vote for her. I have to admit I was one of those people. I fact, the whole season, I've assumed that Melinda was safe and, while I thought she the best, I never voted for her.


I haven't decided what I'm going to cast on today. I have several projects lined up. I'm still dealing with the huge wad of yarn vomit, though it is getting cleaned up a little bit. I think I'm going to have to give up and break out the scissors though. The Regia Crazy is still making me crazy and I haven't decided what to do with it. I placed a large order on Monday for the supplies I need to start my Christmas projects but it's not here yet. Me, being my dyslexic self, transposed the credit card numbers when I ordered it so that caused a delay in shipping.


I have a whole skein of Shine Worsted left so I might just make a wash cloth from it today. It will be some real instant gratification and knock an item off the Christmas list. Wash clothes wrapped around handmade soaps are on my list of Christmas gifts to make. Does anybody know where I can get some great handmade soaps?


Hayden decided that he was going to visit Granddaddy up on the roof at Mama and Daddy's house yesterday. Thank goddness that Patrick was there to go up the ladder with him. And, no, he didn't actually get on the roof. And, yes, I was glad I was at work and I didn't see him climbing that ladder!

1 comment:

Lucy said...

Very pretty - Congratulations and Happy Knitting!