Thursday, April 26, 2007

He Speaks!

Yesterday, Hayden said his first real word with purpose. He's been saying things like "uck" for truck, "birr" for bird and making animal sounds for a while now but yesterday he said "bubba" in reference to Kyle. Last night, every time we told him to say bubba he would repeat it very clearly. This afternoon he was outside playing with"bubba" and he came saying "mama" and "daddy" clearly and with purpose! We are so excited! It was beginning to seem like he was never going to talk.

He loves his new enclosed play area that Granddaddy finished for him yesterday. It was really intended as a dog pen for Little Bit. It's a fenced in area enclosing the back porch so all I have to do is open the door and let Little Bit go out. It's also a great place that Hayden can play without me having to worry about him wandering off. He only got to play in it for a few minutes last night. It was very cloudy when we got home from taking Travis to school this morning so I didn't mention playing out there. He was happily playing on the floor when he suddenly jumped up, gathered up as many trucks as he could carry and ran to the backdoor. I helped him carry the rest of the trucks outside and that's where we stayed til nap time. It was great!

While we were out there this afternoon, I met with my contractor, i.e. Kyle, about a new deck and a new roof. He took measurements for everything. I just hope the prices he quoted are accurate. He got up on the roof and said that it has to be done first, which I knew. I really want the new deck but the roof will come first and hopefully soon.

No comments: