Thursday, March 22, 2007

Will I ever have a $1.50?




I'm almost finished with left front of my Dollar and a Half Cardigan from IK and I don't like the way the shaping looks.

It suddenly dawned on me last night that normally you ssk at the beginning of the row and k2tog at the end of the row. The pattern and Veronik's tutorial have you k2tog at the beginning of the row and ssk at the end of the row. I put a post out there to see if anybody else thought the pattern should be reversed but I didn't get a response, so off to the frog pond I went this morning.

I frogged a few rows of the right front and reknit it using ssk instead of k2tog. The good news is that it really doesn't look any different so I don't think I'll frog all the shaping. The bad news is that it really doesn't look any different so I'm still not happy with my shaping.

So I've sat here all day without knitting. My only day off all week. I feel like I've wasted the whole day. Oh sure, I have other WIP but they are an almost finished Moderne Log Cabin blanket and sweater out of Paton's SWS. The Moderne Log Cabin is made out of Knit Picks WOTA and it's too hot here today to work on it (mid seventies already on the second day of spring!). The sweater involves another trip to the frog pond. Paton's SWS is NOT the easiest stuff to frog, believe me. It's not spun very tightly and the stitches really cling to each other.

I really haven't wasted the whole day. I did manage to get all of Hayden's (my 19 month old)winter clothes put away and his summer clothes out. I had forgotten about all of the hand me downs that we got last year from one of Patrick's co-workers. There were a lot of shorts that he can wear in the bag so no need to shop for him right now! Woohoo! I must be the only mom on the planet who doesn't like to shop (except for yarn, of course!).

I wanted to start a pair of socks today but Kyle (my 18 year old) hasn't made my swift yet and I just couldn't get excited about using my lamp today. If he doesn't make it soon, I'm taking his power tools and making it myself!

No comments: